Saturday, June 29, 2013

Nursery Nesting

Yes, but another nursery post! We have started to accumulate a hearty stock of diapers, clothing, and accessories for our impending bundle of joy, and I have therefore found myself meticulously organizing and preparing his room. I am HUGE into organization so have found this project to be quite enjoyable. There is something about neatly arranged and completed pairs of socks that keep my head clear, among other things. When my living quarters are a mess (deep breaths), I feel like my life is a mess. It's just better for my psyche when everything has a home!

So I present to you the (nearly) completed nursery in all of its (my) OCD glory.



Reading & Relaxation

I love this little nook. Here I will spend many moments rocking, reading, nursing, and cuddling with my little one. I found the owl bookends at Hallmark. It was love at first site!


Changing Station

I love our dresser/changing combo. I used the first drawer to organize his diapers, wipes, and creams. I found the white baskets at World Market and yes, those are cloth diapers in the photo. I'm going to attempt them for the days we stay home! Hard to see, but there is a white pad on the changing table for his diaper changing comfort! ;)


 

Wardrobe & Storage

I'm still adoring our open closet. Hanging are all of his clothes from 0-3 months - neatly in their homes - all washed and ready to go! His bigger clothing resides in the laundry room in clear plastic bins, labeled with their appropriate size. How cute are the little shoes!?


I organized his socks and hats in baskets and have them displayed on our shelves. Shelves are one thing this nursery is NOT lacking! See what I am saying about the socks. My sock drawer looks the same way! This is not a joke! :)


These adorable burp cloths are homemade and the swaddle blankets are muslin cloth. Both are cute enough to have displayed - another item to fill our plentiful shelves. The white baskets pictured above and below from Lowe's. A set of 3 was only $13! I thought that was a steal.



 Extra diapers, wipes, hangers and a few misc items tucked away in the cabinet. This is the ONLY space in the nursery we can "hide" stuff! The canvas baskets are from Amazon.



I received this adorable box from a friend and it's perfect for storing toys!




 One more of the crib! We do realize the plush lamb, bumper, and blanket will have to go when he finally arrives. Le sigh. Cute for photos though! The hamper in the corner is from Pottery Barn. It came sans lid, so we made our own with pre-cut wood I found at Michaels, cream canvas cloth from Hobby Lobby, and a white & blue polka dot knob, also from Hobby Lobby.




So there you have it. I'd say we're ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment