Saturday, May 18, 2013

Nursery Tour

As soon as I found out I was pregnant, nursery ideas swarmed my head. We have a two bedroom home and both rooms were being utilized, so I knew we'd be using the small yet very charming office for our little one's room. It comes with plenty of built in shelves, detailed woodwork, and a gas fireplace. We hired a professional to paint because neither of us wanted to tackle the detail. The main walls are coated with Navajo Sand by Glidden and the back of the shelves are Spring Cactus, also by Glidden. The trim, ceiling, shelves, and fireplace are white. We wanted to keep a semi neutral canvas as we weren't sure of the babies gender yet.


This photo was taken from the doorway. Our crib and changing table/dresser combo is by DaVinci. We both agreed white furniture was the way to go. After we found out I was carrying a boy, we decided to add a light blue to the mix via bedding and accessories. The room reminds me of a clear Spring day. :)


We splurged on our bedding set - Pottery Barn Kids, and Dan found the cute owl/bear mobile on Amazon.

I can't wait to sit with my nugget in this rocker! It's over-sized and extra cushiony. This was a hand-me-down from my sister in law (Thanks Leanne!!). It came with a yellow slip cover but we loved the creamy oatmeal color of the fabric underneath.



We had to improvise with a closet since the room was originally an office/library, NOT a bedroom! We removed three shelves and installed hand painted white wooden rods to make a "mini" open closet. Baby clothes are adorable, why not show them off?!


I LOVE that this room has a fireplace. I dream about the warm cozy winter nights we'll have snuggled up in the rocker with the fire going.


Feelin Crafty

This mantel art was a DIY project found via Pinterest. We wanted something large for the mantel, but didn't want to spend our entire savings. Dan purchased pine boards from Home Depot, painted them blue, and attached them with dowels. The white frames we found at Meijer, and the prints are from an artist on Etsy!


I made these decorative blocks from wooden cubes purchased at Michaels, craft paper, and a little modge podge. Wa-la! Inexpensive shelf accessory.

Dan spotted this adorable owl night light on Amazon. Easy purchase!!




Of course the nursery is still a work in progress, but it's come a long way and we're both very proud of the transformation!





No comments:

Post a Comment