Thursday, May 23, 2013

Nine. More. Weeks.

Actually, 8 weeks and 6 days to be exact. I feel like I've been pregnant forever, but I know he'll be here before I know it. I'm prepared, mentally and physically. The nursery is waiting, and mommy and daddy are excited to meet their new addition. :)


How far along? 31weeks
Total weight gain: 8 lbs
Maternity clothes: Recently bought an active maternity tank for all my walks outside and a few maxi dresses for my showers and upcoming maternity shoots.
Stretch marks? None to report
Sleep: Not the greatest these days. I have a shooting pain in my right lower back/leg area making it a slow and painful process to switch sides at night, or basically move at all.
Best moment this week: Had my first baby shower on Sunday. It was a joint shower with my sister and all our friends. I am smitten by everyone's generosity! 



Miss anything? Wearing heels. I decided to boycott them until my back pain subsided...which isn't likely to happen until after delivery!
Movement: He is ALL OVER THE PLACE! Twisting, turning, punching, flipping, stretching, dancing. He must be exhausted in there. There have been several times he kicked to the far left or right of my belly hitting my obliques. I am so ticklish...and this is my weakest spot. I have yet to talk to a mother who experienced a "tickling" sensation, but it was very real, and I laughed out loud until he stopped.
Food cravings: Are cravings a myth? Because I still haven't experienced them!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Been getting morning sickness again, but nothing severe.
Labor signs: My pelvic bones & joints are loosening up for labor. Been feeling the affects of this on my right SI joint. Had a physical therapy session for the pain last week. I can frequently be seen limping around the office and being playfully teased by my husband.
Symptoms: SI Joint/Sciatic nerve pain - but honestly, I feel lucky that everything is going so well, despite being uncomfortable when I sleep and (sometimes) when I walk. I know things could be so much worse! I'm not exhausted, and I'm able to walk comfortably outside for several miles at a time.
Belly button in or out? Totes out
Wedding rings on or off? Totes on
Happy or moody most of the time: Generally in a happy/positive mood. This changes when the pain gets intense...but I'm managing!
Looking forward to: My maternity shoots. I have 3 of them scheduled within the next week!

Current Bennett Boy Stats: Little Baby B is not so little anymore! He's measuring about 19 inches head to heel and weighs in around 3.9 lbs! What a heffer!

No comments:

Post a Comment