Sunday, March 17, 2013

And we're having a....

Our Arizona Adventure

Beautiful & serene. The perfect back drop for our gender reveal! It went (almost) as planned. We decided to release the balloon during our hike to Devils Bridge in Sedona, rather than at the Grand Canyon. Apparently experience and special equipment are needed to get into the Canyon, neither of which we had. The most difficult part of the reveal was finding a store with helium (who would have thought!) After 4 stops and many phone calls later, we found a grocer who was able to help. The older women working the counter was smitten by our reveal plan and so happy to help us out.

Holding the box made my heart thump. Even though it was securely taped, I was afraid there would be some residual blue or pink ribbon attached to it that would give away the secret. Ahh!!

We arrived at the trailhead, snapped this quick photo, and began our hike!


The scenery leading up to the reveal was gorgeous...



About 30 min in, we found a secluded clearing with breath taking views. We knew this is where we wanted to do it! We wasted no time. Dan recorded a video while I sat down and tore into the box! As we both had expected...


IT WAS A BOY!!!!!!!! It was fun watching that little blue balloon float away - representing the precious little man we would soon meet.


The rest of our trip was fun, being able to refer to the peanut as a boy, thinking of names, and starting his wardrobe at the Baby Gap. We DID make it to the Grand Canyon and hiked a few miles around the rim. Dan snapped this shot of me and the little man - one of my favorites!


I would love to report that Dan and I came back from our Arizona trip refreshed and relaxed, but unfortunately Michigan welcomed us home with relentless colds. Better here than there I guess! Baby boy is undoubtedly bouncing about with every sneeze and cough. I write this from the couch, 3 boxes of tissue deep, and sad I can't remedy my severe congestion with Dayquil and Nyquil. I want my health back!

No comments:

Post a Comment