Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pink or Blue?



Will I have a bouncing baby boy or a precious little princess? This question has been taunting me for weeks!

My looooooong awaited 20 week ultrasound is Friday March 1st (I'll actually be 19 weeks & 2 days). If Baby B isn't timid and shows the tech his or her "goods", then Dan and I will be revealing the gender together on our vacation in Arizona - which we coincidentally leave for the following day!

The Reveal
This is how I picture it in my head - although reality isn't usually as magical. A party store will blow up a handful of small pink or blue helium balloons using the tightly sealed envelope from our ultrasound (considering I didn't tear into it on the flight over), and wrap them in a box like a present. Dan and I will then trek our way into the Grand Canyon where we will open the gift together revealing either pink or blue balloons; and ultimately the sex of our little bambino. The balloons will float up peacefully through the steep canyon walls where I will capture the most beautiful, National Geographic worthy photo.

Whether the above happens, or we just end up opening the envelope together on a little hiking adventure, it will be one of my most memorable life moments - yes, I already know this. I get excited and teary eyed just thinking about it.

So what do I think I'm having? BOY! And this is why...


1. Most everyone is adamant that I am having a girl - so I am going to be stubborn and disagree
2. I sometimes inadvertently use the terms "he" or "him" when referring to our baby
3. Every silly gender test I've taken has said boy
4. A few old wives tales true of me, point to boy - like carrying low and craving salt over sweets

I would be absolutely thrilled with a boy - but as equally excited for a girl. Our only wish is that he or she is healthy and happy. I can't wait for the reveal!

What are your guesses?!









No comments:

Post a Comment