Sunday, February 10, 2013

Feeding the Bump

I luckily grew up in a home that was very health conscious. I thank my parents for this imperative environment. Nothing is more important than your health. We are given one life - one body. I strongly believe that ones quality and length of life is directly influenced by what one eats!

It's no surprise that I am addicted to photographing my food. If you follow me on Facebook or Instragram (@LaurendaMarie) you may have noticed this consumes a majority of my posts! I love food - and I've always been interested in creating nutrient dense, healthful meals. Lets be honest, though - I get cravings like everyone else and I DO satisfy those cravings. If you deny yourself foods you want, you'll end up binging on them later. It's all about balance and I'm happy to have found that.

Now that I am carrying a precious, growing baby - it's more important than ever that I make a conscious effort to consume nutritious meals. I shoot for 6 small meals a day - every 2 to 3 hours. This keeps my blood sugar stable and my energy up!

Here are a few examples of my healthful eats!


Veggie Frittata & Fresh Fruit
One egg, one egg white, red pepper, green pepper, white
 onion, guacamole, and fresh parmesan cooked in coconut oil.
Side of orange slices and half a banana.


Caprese Salad
Fresh basil, fresh mozzerella, compari tomatoes, olive oil, 
balsamic vinegar, sea salt, pepper.


Yogurt, Granola & Berries
Fage plain Greek yogurt, 1 packet truvia, fresh strawberries
whole grain peanut butter granola by KIND.


Berry Banana Smoothie
Plain Greek yogurt, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries,
frozen banana, raw honey, coconut milk, and flax seed.



Greek Pasta Salad
Penne pasta, white beans, feta cheese, cucumber, grape tomatoes,
scallion, chopped kale, olive oil, red wine vinegar, Greek seasoning, sea salt.



Green Juice
One honey crisp apple, one green apple, two oranges, one lemon, 
and five stalks kale. Made enough for two servings - my husband loved it!


Who's hungry!?

No comments:

Post a Comment