Wednesday, March 27, 2013

23 Weeks and Counting!

Hello friends. I will try to give weekly (or at least bi-weekly) updates in the form of the survey below! I thought this was a good way to track the rest of my pregnancy!


  
How far along? 23 weeks 
Total weight gain: 0 lbs - this sounds strange, but I was very sick in first trimester and lost 10 lbs! I just finally gained it all back! I had a pre-natal appointment this afternoon and the Dr is not at all concerned with this progress. Mommy and baby are growing normally!
Maternity clothes: I am strictly in maternity pants but I can wear several of my non-maternity tops yet!
Stretch marks? Nope! I am religiously using my Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion for stretch marks. However, Dan and I both think we can see the linea nigra (dark pregnancy line) coming in. It's VERY VERY light, but it's on its way!
Sleep: Sleeping well! Bedtime is normally 9pm. I get up at least twice to tinkle. Baby likes to sit right on the bladder....and even kick it sometimes. 
Best moment this week: This is cheesy, but I found several DIY nursery projects on Pinterest that my husband ALSO liked. We both have strong opinions when it comes to how the nursery should look, so I like when we agree! I can't wait to get started on them!
Miss anything? I miss running and spicy tuna rolls. 
Movement: I am finally feeling regular kicks. I've been waiting for this since day one! It's only about 3 times a day and they're still really light, but I love every minute of it. Occasionally I can tell when he's changing positions - it's a funny sensation in my belly and makes me laugh picturing him wiggle around.
Food cravings: None at the moment and really none to mention to date. My diet has been fairly normal - not a lot has changed except no alcohol and no sushi. I have been consuming the 300 extra calories as requested by the doctor. That's about it!
Anything making you queasy or sick? I haven't been able to wear any perfume. The scent is too strong.
Gender: Boy 
Labor signs: No, and I don't believe I've felt any Braxton Hicks yet either!
Symptoms: I'm tired earlier than usual and get dizzy when standing up too quickly. Those are the predominant ones at the moment. 
Belly button in or out? Still in...but not as in as it used to be. Hah! 
Wedding rings on or off? Still fits great! 
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy!! I've felt this way most of my pregnancy. I just feel so lucky to be pregnant, and sometimes still can't believe I really am. 
Looking forward to: Setting up the crib and changing table. It's all ordered and should arrive any day now! Nursery planning is so fun!

Current Bennett Boy STATS:
Little man is 8.5 inches long and just over a pound. My app is comparing him to a papaya. That's not an extremely common fruit, so here is a photo for perspective. Yeesh!!


He can also detect sounds outside the womb - so I've been having one way conversations with him so he gets used to my voice! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment