Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Text Book Pregnancy

Welp friends, I made it to third trimester...27 weeks! What a glorious day!

Me and the little man in the nursery <3





How far along? 27 weeks - finally in third tri! :::does a little dance:::  
Total weight gain:  4.2 lbs 
Maternity clothes: OK, I admit it's becoming a little difficult to come up with a cute work ensemble day after day. Most of my non maternity shirts are no longer acceptable for the office...unless my co-workers are OK with half my belly hanging out. Yeah? No. I DO like that the weather is warming up...stretchy cotton dresses may be my new best friend!
Stretch marks? I don't see any!  
Sleep: It takes me about 5 minutes to switch sides in the middle of the night. No more throwing myself back and forth like I used to!
Best moment this week: Everything checked out perfectly at my pre-natal appointment and the Dr. said I am having a "text book pregnancy". I'm so grateful!
Miss anything? My old wardrobe!
Movement: Comes and goes! Sometimes he is a ninja and other times it's like he's recovering from a long night of partying.
Food cravings: Someone said pizza the other day and now all I can think about is pizza.
Anything making you queasy or sick? I was "first-trimester-nauseous" on Monday - out of the blue! Not sure what caused it and hoping that doesn't become the norm for third tri!
Labor signs: This is not a sign of labor....but I did wake up to Braxton Hicks the other day! Felt my uterus/stomach muscles tighten and relax. Not painful at all! Now if only labor were that easy! ;)
Symptoms: Still experiencing sciatic nerve pain - but I'm growing accustom to it...like it's just a part of me now. My newest symptom is a small itchy rash on my stomach. I'm not a doctor, but I'm assuming my skin is just irritated from being stretched.
Belly button in or out? Well...when I wear a tight shirt it totally looks like I have a third nipple...just saying.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Despite the no-fun symptoms, I am happy. Except when I don't get at least 7 hours of sleep...then I am crabby. My husband can attest to this!
Looking forward to: The warm sunny weekend so I can get outside and walk with my preggo sister! :)


Current Bennett Boy STATS:
  • Baby Boy is about 14 inches and nearly 2.5 lbs! Size of a rutabaga. Do people even buy those?
  • At this stage his lungs are fully developed and he's practicing inhaling and exhaling (amniotic fluid, yummmmmmm)
  • His brain is also growing more and more complex! If he's anything like Dan, baby boy will be a mini genius I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment